CONVERTKIT LANDING PAGE CHALLENGE
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Contest (the “Contest”).
By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. Contest void where prohibited by law. Subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to individuals who are (a) at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry; and (b) not a resident of Brazil, Mexico, Italy, Quebec, or any country, state, province or territory under sanction by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control, including the Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Cuba, DR of the Congo, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen, and Zimbabwe. The list of sanctioned countries can change, so visit http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/programs for a current list.
Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of ConvertKit LLC (“Sponsor”), and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies (excluding affiliate marketers), subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and immediate family members (spouses, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and “step” child, wherever they may live) of each are not eligible to win any prize. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below.
- Contest Period: The Contest starts at 12:00:01 a.m. MT on January 3, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 pm MT on January 31, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received during the Contest Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s or its designee’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter:
Landing Page Submission Entry: To enter, complete the following steps during the Contest Period:
- Sign up to ConvertKit, agree to the Official Contest Rules (No purchase is necessary to use ConvertKit for free for 30 days.), and create a new free landing page at https://app.convertkit.com/forms/designers/new. Click on Select “Landing Page” and follow the prompts to create your page. To share the page, click on the share button in the page menu to view and copy the live page link.
- Obtain at least 10 new valid email subscribers to your landing page email list. You will be eligible for the prizes in Section 6 based on the number of new subscribers obtained during the Contest Period (fourth tier = 10-24 subscribers; third tier = 25-49 subscribers; second tier = 50-99 subscribers; first tier = 100+ subscribers. See Sections 5-6 for more details). “New subscriber” means an individual person with a valid email address that does not subscribe to your landing page, business, or service before the start of the Contest Period.
Landing Page Submission Limitations: ONLY ONE LANDING PAGE SUBMISSION PER PERSON DURING CONTEST PERIOD WILL BE JUDGED. IF YOU SUBMIT MULTIPLE LANDING PAGE SUBMISSIONS, ONLY THE LANDING PAGE SUBMISSION WITH THE MOST ENGAGEMENT WILL BE JUDGED (I.E. THE TOTAL NUMBER OF SUBSCRIBERS THAT SIGN UP ON YOUR LANDING PAGE AND THE CONVERSION RATE OF YOUR LANDING PAGE). Any attempts to obtain additional entries, including through multiple or duplicate accounts will result in disqualification.
Other Participation Opportunities: In addition to the Landing Page Submission Entry process described above, participants may participate in the following programs for a chance to win (1) the “Community Engagement” prize and (2) a “Referral” prize (see Sections 5-6) for more details). Participation instructions follow:
- Community Engagement Entry: To participate, during the Contest Period, earn engagement points based on how you interact inside our ConvertKit Community platform found at https://community.convertkit.com/. At the end of the challenge, the Community Engagement winner will be determined by finding out who earned the most engagement points between January 3rd and January 31st.All Community users start with 10 points and can earn the following points for engagement:
- Creating an answer- 3 points
- Creating post- 3 points
- Asking question- 2 points
- Replying a post- 2 points
- Receiving a like on answer- 2 points
- Receiving a like on post- 2 points
- Commenting on content- 2 points
Limit 1 entry per person during Contest Period (e.g., you may only have one ConvertKit account engaging in the community). Answers, posts, questions, and comments must relate only to the ConvertKit Community and must comply with the Submission Guidelines and Restrictions set forth below, determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Referral Entry: To participate, during the Contest Period, click on Referrals [https://app.convertkit.com/account/referrals] in your ConvertKit account settings dropdown and enter the email addresses of your friends. Referrals must sign up through the link in your email to count. To qualify for Referral Entry, you must (1) publish your landing page as described above in the Landing Page Submission Entry; (2) get 10 or more new email subscribers; and (3) refer five friends to create their own ConvertKit account. Your referrals will count toward the Referral Criteria set forth in Section 5.
By submitting an entry as instructed above (collectively, your “Submission”), you agree that your Submission (including any post or activity in connection with your participation in the community engagement entry and referral entry) conforms to the Guidelines and Restrictions detailed below. Sponsor may choose to remove any Submission or disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform with the Guidelines and Restrictions. Upon completion of all required entry steps and compliance with the Guidelines and Restrictions, you will automatically receive one entry into the Contest.
Submission Guidelines and Restrictions
- Your Submission must not supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading information.
- Your Submission must be your original creation and be owned 100% by you, or, alternatively you must have the full rights to grant the license and other rights that you grant to Sponsor in Section 10 below.
- Your Submission must not (in Sponsor’s discretion): (i) violate any third-party rights, including copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (ii) contain disparaging or defamatory statements; (iii) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (iv) be obscene, offensive, or indecent; (v) depict any risky behavior; (vi) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm, against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and/or (vii) contain unauthorized third-party trademarks or logos.
- Your Submission and participation in this Contest must not include unsolicited bulk emails (spam) or unauthorized text messages, and you must not otherwise engage in any behavior resembling spam, determined at Company’s discretion. The use of multiple accounts, self-referrals, bots, or any other fraudulent, deceptive, or unfair tool or practice (including those intended to generate more referrals or better performance metrics), at Sponsor’s sole discretion, will result in disqualification from the Contest. You will not use display advertising, sponsored links, or offer any other incentive to others to participate in the Contest or engage with your Submission.
- You will not distribute invitations to participate in the Contest via SMS or text message.
If participating in this Contest via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider’s data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Wireless carrier rates vary, so you should contact your wireless carrier for information on your specific data plan.
- Identity of Entrant: All Submissions must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud, bots, or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the account on which the Submission is made. An “authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the winning entry.
- Selection and Notification of Winner:
Landing Page Submission Winner Selection: On or about February 22, 2020, a panel of judges selected at Sponsor’s discretion will score each Submission based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Measurable performance of your Submission landing page (i.e., the total number of subscribers that signup on your landing page and the conversion rate of your landing page). (20%)
- Creativity of Submission (40%); and
- Originality, clarity, and marketing appeal of Submission (40%).
Submissions will be scored against all other Submissions in their “Tier” as follows:
- First Tier: 100+ subscribers (1 winner)
- Second Tier: 50-99 subscribers (2 winners)
- Third Tier: 25-49 subscribers (5 winners)
- Fourth Tier: 10-24 subscribers (10 winners)
There will be 18 total landing page Submission winners as set forth in Section 6. You will only be scored against other Submissions in your Tier and are only eligible for one prize for your landing page Submission (note, however, that you are eligible for the community engagement prize or referral prize). In the unlikely event of a tie, the winner(s) will be determined by the Submission’s score in the following criteria: Creativity of Submission. Odds of winning a prize depend on number and quality of eligible entries received.
Community Engagement Winner Selection: On or about February 22, 2020, Sponsor will score each participant’s engagement in the new ConvertKit Community, using the following scoring (“Community Engagement Criteria”) to select one Community Engagement winner:
All Community users start with 10 points and can earn the following points for engagement:
- Creating an answer- 3 points
- Creating post-3 points
- Asking question- 2 points
- Replying a post- 2 points
- Receiving a like on answer- 2 points
- Receiving a like on post- 2 points
- Commenting on content- 2 points
In the event of a tie, the winner will be chosen first based on the number of total answers created, and, if a tie remains, a judging panel selected by Sponsor will score the participant’s answers based on the helpfulness of the answers.
Referral Winner Selection: On or about February 22, 2020, Sponsor will score each participant that has qualified for entry into the bonus referral prize based on the Judging Criteria specified above. See Section 3 for how to qualify for entry toward the referral prize. In the unlikely event of a tie under the Judging Criteria, the winner(s) will be determined by the Submission’s score in the following criteria: Creativity of Submission.
Winner Notification: Each potential winner will be notified via email on or about February 22, 2020. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor may require each potential winner to sign and return, within seven days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; (ii) any required documents are not returned within seven days, such as the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release; or (iii) if potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner in accordance with the Judging Criteria. Only three alternate winners will be selected for each prize. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, the prize(s) will be awarded to the person with the highest scoring Submission in accordance with the above Judging Criteria from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the prizes available.
Verification of Potential Winner: EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
Landing Page Submission Prizes: 18 winners will receive one prize each based on the scores of their Submissions using the Judging Criteria, as follows:
- First Tier Prize (1): One grand prize winner will receive (a) $10,000 cash; (b) one year of quarterly coaching (approximate retail value (“ARV”) $1,000); and (c) one year of a 1K ConvertKit plan (ARV: $288). Total ARV of Grand Prize package: $11,288. The grand prize winner will be announced publicly as the winner.
- Second Tier Prizes (2): Two winners will each receive (a) $1,000 cash; and (b) one year of a 1K ConvertKit plan (ARV: $288). Total ARV of each Second Place Prize package: $1,288.
- Third Tier Prize (5): Five winners will each receive one year of a 1K ConvertKit plan (ARV $288 each).
- Fourth Tier Prize (10): Ten winners will each receive one $50 Amazon gift card (ARV: $50 each).
Community Engagement Prizes: One participant will receive a $1,000 prize to be awarded based on the Community Engagement Criteria specified in Section 5 above (ARV: $1,000).
Referral Prizes: Three participants will each receive a $1,000 prize to be awarded based on the Referral Criteria specified in Section 5 above.
Total ARV of all prizes: $19,804.
Prize Restrictions: ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Contest.
One year of quarterly coaching includes a deliverability and list health assessment as well as up to three strategy sessions on how to grow your audience.
Except for applicable manufacturer’s standard warranties, the prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Disclaimer: Sponsor, and any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Released Parties’ reasonable control; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- Limitations of Liability; Releases: By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM THE SPONSOR, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES’ GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD.
- Use of Name, Likeness, etc.: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use your name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Contest, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Contest.
- License to Submission: By entering the Contest and providing your Submission in connection with the Contest, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof (including your name and likeness as shown and conveyed in the Submission), in connection with the Contest and for other advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, and to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including execution of affidavits, tax forms, and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Submission.
- Winner List; Rules Request: For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope for arrival after February 22, 2020 and before February 22, 2021 to the address listed in Section 16 below, Attn: ConvertKit Landing Page Challenge. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://convertkit.com/landing-page-challenge/rules-2020 or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to the address listed in Section 16 below, Attn: ConvertKit 30 Day Landing Page Challenge. VT residents may omit return postage.
- Intellectual Property Notice: CONVERTKIT is a trademark of ConvertKit LLC. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2020 by ConvertKit LLC. All rights reserved.
- Disputes: TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF IDAHO OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN BOISE, IDAHO. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF IDAHO, WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
- General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor's discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this Contest or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law and Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
- Sponsor: ConvertKit LLC, 750 S Bannock St, Unit #761, Boise, ID 83702.