Welcome to the ConvertKit Community! Our community serves to connect ConvertKit users with each other, celebrate our wins, get answers for your questions, and learn more about email marketing and blogging in a safe space. Be sure to read through these guidelines so we can work together to maintain a friendly and supportive community all around.
Here we go!
I have a question about my account, a bug, or another issue. Is this the place?
For any account specific questions or concerns, you'll want to reach out to our Customer Success team directly. While you might see some of those same people in our community, you're better off submitting a ticket for account related issues so we can dig in further.
Okay. So where is the community?
Slack is our new home and we really like the setup. You can sign up any time and we'll send over an invite. The best way to connect is to download the Slack desktop app and sign in to stay on top of our conversations.
I've never used Slack before. How does it work?
- First, download the Slack desktop app.
- Once you sign in, you'll already be included in our main channels, such as #general, #broadcasts, #sequences, and #wins. There are more channels, though. If you click on “Channels”, you can browse all of our available channels and join any you want to participate in. You can also mute channels or remove yourself from them any time.
- Head into the #introduce-yourself channel and say hi. Tell us about yourself, your blog, or any other details we need to know. Oh, and be sure to update your Slack profile with your website URL so we can all go support you!
Now it's time to join in the fun. Chat with people in channels, @ mention them (just like on Facebook or Twitter) to talk directly to people, or send a Direct Message if the need arises.
Check out the Slack team settings. There's so much you can do to make this Slack team work perfectly for you.
Remember the “give give give get” principle in our community – be of service to others as much as possible (and especially before promoting something of your own!). There's a whole channel for those promos, by the way. It's #shamless-self-promo and it's there anytime you want to join in.
What kinds of conversations happen here?
Everything related to email marketing + ConvertKit related functionality that's not specific to your account. This could look like:
- Sharing how you're growing your email list
- Asking for strategies, feedback, or advice on a particular project
- Clarifying how a ConvertKit feature might work
- Checking in with others using the same integrations you use
- Learn more about how others are approaching email marketing
- Connect with other bloggers and collaborate
Someone posted something that's offensive and/or rude. What do I do?
Let us know as soon as you can! You can message any of our moderators or anyone from the ConvertKit team. We'll take care of it right away.
How do I know what's safe to post?
Great question. We consider our community to be a family and we ask that you treat each other with respect. We can't edit your posts, but moderators can delete them. We reserve the right to delete posts that contain:
- Rude or offensive comments
- Nudity or graphic content
- Spam or “trolling” posts/comments
Basically, be cool. Be supportive and helpful, speak to others the way you want to be spoken to, remember that typed out words don't carry tone or inflection with them so it's important to consider how something could be read, and, most importantly, keep in mind that there's a human being on the other side of the computer screen.
We do reserve the right to ban any members who have repeatedly made posts or comments that we deem offensive, rude, or go against these guidelines.
I still have questions. Where do I send those?
Send an email to email@example.com. We're more than happy to answer any additional questions you might have.
Okay. I'm ready to join. How do I do that again?
Click right here:
Join the Community!