Back to the Handbook
Our mission is simple: We exist to help creators earn a living online.
What’s a creator?
A creator might be a blogger, author, maker, YouTuber, poet, painter, musician, podcaster, chef, designer, or teacher. What binds the creators we serve together is that they make a living doing work that matters, and they earn that living online.
In order to truly make a dent in our mission through our work, we’re going to need to scale. But we want to scale in the ConvertKit way, not the easy way. We believe every creator should be able to earn a living from their craft online and every dollar we make as a company means we’re getting better at serving our mission.
Our vision has five parts:
- $1,000,000,000 made by creators using ConvertKit – Yes, that's a billion. Our success is measured by the success of our customers. If we’re not helping creators earn money, we’re not helping them earn a living.
- 250,000 creators using ConvertKit – We want to make earning a living as an online creator a valued, popular, and respected career path. That starts with expanding the number of people earning a living online.
- $100,000,000 in annual recurring revenue – Earning $100M in a year will put us in rarified air. Not many companies ever make it here, but we’re not most companies.
- 100% remote team while staying small – Why do it the easy way when you can do it the ConvertKit way? We believe a small team gives us the opportunity to focus on what matters most, including pushing our team to do the best work of their lives, staying profitable to be able to reinvest in our product and customers, and giving back to the communities where we live, work and play.
- 100% independent – We have no plans to sell, take on investors, or go public. Our focus is on the creators we serve.
We don’t know how long it will take, and we don’t care. Achieving this vision is the embodiment of our mission and it’s why we exist.
Next: Our Values