As a new creator, you may feel like reaching as many eyeballs as possible is the most crucial end goal. Just remember, not all subscribers are created equal. Opt-in forms help weed out unengaged and uninterested subscribers that aren’t worth paying for and can damage deliverability.
However, like subscribers, not all opt-in forms are equally as effective. In this episode, Alyssa and Melissa walk through their must-haves for top-performing sign-up pages while showcasing one creator with a stellar, deliverability-approved website.
From clear messaging to single opt-in versus double, here’s everything to keep in mind when you’re building out a sign-up form. This page is likely the first step in your relationship with a new subscriber. Make a great impression and make it count.
(41:04) “How do I even get subscribers? Put out helpful content. Have a link to your sign-up form anywhere people can find you. And showing (right off the bat) the value they’re going to get, so they are excited to be on that email list. That’s the key.” ~ @alyssa_dulin
- [03:45] Don’t use opt-in shortcuts! They are terrible for deliverability.
- [05:20] It’s not just about being a good sender; it’s about the quality of the subscriber. Subscriber quality is the most critical factor when you’re trying to convert those subscribers into sales.
- [10:26] If you have a double opt-in form, don’t make it fancy or gimmicky. It should be easy for a potential subscriber to find it in their inbox.
- [14:53] Just because you have a single opt-in doesn’t mean your subscribers will be more engaged. On the contrary, you’ll typically see the opposite.
- [39:35] Create a platform where people clearly understand your value and what problem you can solve. This helps potential subscribers trust you with their email list and their screen time.
- [41:54] Consistency is key to succeeding as an online business.
- Deliverability Defined 104: Protecting Yourself From Listbombing
- Deliverability Defined 216: What Makes A Good Subscriber?
- Deliverability Defined 218: Apple’s New Privacy Changes
- Empress of Dirt
- Empress of Dirt on Instagram
- Two Minutes in the Garden
Try ConvertKit's deliverability in action
It's now free to use ConvertKit with an audience of 1,000 subscribers or less! Start building your audience and reaching their inboxes: convertkit.com/pricing.
Stay in touch
To receive email notifications when new episodes of Deliverability Defined are available, or to submit topic suggestions, sign up to our email list.