Every once in a while, we stumble upon a promotional email from a brand we love or a service we recently subscribed to and think, “that’s a great email.”
Today, Alyssa and Melissa break down some of their favorite examples.
Because when it comes to teachable moments, stellar examples of real-world emails are the best way to translate best practices and learn from the email experts all around us. And while we often spend time discussing the “don’ts” of email marketing, nothing lights a fire under our server like emails that make the grade. A newsletter that rocks? An opt-in confirmation email with a crystal clear CTA? An incredible newsletter from a creator who knows their audience and adds targeted value?
In this episode, Alyssa and Melissa break down real-world email examples from their very own inboxes. No brand is off limits and no creator is safe from today’s celebratory review.
- [03:42] – Ben Rector’s killer opt-in confirmation email.
- [07:13] – The most comprehensive welcome email of all time.
- [09:54] – A welcome email that adds value.
- [12:46] – A newsletter from an author who knows her audience.
- [16:07] – An email newsletter with gripping subject lines.
- [21:22] – Why it’s important to clean your list.
- [22:22] – This wedding venue guarantees a clean break-up with a sweet list-cleaning email.
- [27:34] – When brands understand personalization.
- [29:33] – Airbnb’s hyper-targeted email that helped out Alyssa.
- [32:17] – The email “don'ts” that made us cringe.
[15:28] – “Here are the three main things that are super important with a newsletter: being consistent all the time in your timing, the layout, and the content quality.” ~ @alyssa_dulin
[36:07] – “I think sometimes we have a mindset shift when we become the sender and sometimes we just want our needs to be met, and we’re like ‘we have to make this number of sales’ or ‘we have to get this open rate.’ So it’s helpful to change your mindset to the actual subscriber and think about what’s going to serve them. And then that’s going to actually end up serving you the most.” ~ @alyssa_dulin
- Ben Rector
- Empress of Dirt
- The Prenatal Nutrition Library
- Amy Hoppock
- Smaller & Deeper Newsletter
- Codie Sanchez
- Contrarian Thinking
- Deliverability Defined 0203: Growing Your List With a Referral Program
- CJ’s Off The Square
- Banana Republic
Connect with our hosts
Stay in touch
Try ConvertKit's deliverability in action
It's now free to use ConvertKit with an audience of 1,000 subscribers or less! Start building your audience and reaching their inboxes: convertkit.com/pricing.